How to Connect 2 Computers?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GottaQuestion, Nov 13, 2004.

1. GottaQuestion

GottaQuestion Private E-2

Ok, I have my school computer home for the weekend b/c the new Microsoft Updates screwed w/ the drivers on my computer (well, that's what the computer guy said).

Anyway, while I have my two main computers is the same room, I was wondering if there is a way I could connect them so that I can transfer files from one to the other without having to waste a cd to transfer them.

Can this be done? How?

Thanks!
    ~Melissa

2. arowen

arowen Private E-2

well if you have a router and you have them both running through that router.... im pretty sure you can just drop files into the "shared folder" and you can view them from the other comp

i do believe this would work too if you just link them together with an ethernet cord as well going straight from one to the other

good luck!

3. Doby

Doby Sergeant

Hi,

Yes this will work as long as its a crossover ethernet cable.

Rick

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds