Pc Game Shutting Down During Online Multiplayer Gaming - Error Message!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by superstar, Apr 16, 2008.

1. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

I've had this first person shooter game called "Contract Jack" installed on my pc for about 2 and a half years now. The game has always run smoothly without any problems whatsoever. Now for some reason every time I try to host a multi player game of it online the game the game runs fine for 2-5 minutes, and eventually shuts down and gives me the following error message on my desktop.

[​IMG]

Hosting an online multi player game works 100% well the second time I load the game thereafter. I don't have any idea why it would be doing this?????

Can someone help me troubleshoot this problem please? BTW the error message has a long error report I can post [at the blue "click here" on the image above]. I can post that long error report but it's quite long.

Anyways please help... It's weird how it always happens when I turn on the game once, and than doesn't the second time around.

:major

2. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Did you check for spyware?
    Also did you try shutting down your pc and turning it back on to clear out your memory?

3. superstar

Yes I did try reinstalling and I have scanned for virus/spyware/adaware/etc and found nothing but the general scrap. I take very good care of my pc and scan it all the time.

4. superstar

Any help guys??? Would reinstalling the game do the trick? I'd hate to do that but if I do I'd have to take photos of all my in game settings so I can set everything back the way it was.

5. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

it might if you have a corrupted file (like a bad save game):(.

6. superstar

Hmm well you know what's weird? I just started up my pc right now, loaded the game, and played storyline mode for 20 minutes without the game exiting with the error. I than decided to exit the game and run it again in online multiplayer mode knowing I'd be in the online mode by myself since I didn't even tell any of my friends I'd be there. Turns out I played for 5 minutes and it didn't exit or close with the error.

So just to be sure I rebooted my pc, loaded up the game, and ran into multiplayer mode again, and played for 20 minutes bymyself in online mode without it exiting or giving the error.

That's strange that it didn't close with the error. So I called my friend and told him I was going to reboot my pc and run right into multiplayer online mode, and that I wanted him to join the online game as soon as I started to host it and I was in the level myself waiting for him. & well the second he joined the game I was disconnected and got the error! I was on the phone with him and even though I had exited the game he was still there playing in the online room I created without me there!!!!!!!!! That's strange. I told him to exit the online mode and that I'd be loading the game again and going to load online play again. Once he joined the second time the game ran fine like I had mentioned before. But the thing is now we know a bit more about this...

Does anyone have a clue of whats going on? I don't know but I get the feeling the problem is only when he connects to me on online mode for the first time. & well I know what you guys are gonna say and yes the game is already excepted on windows firewall.

ANY HELP? I don't think it's me maybe it's him, or him causing the error to me when he connects.

7. s0nlxaftrsh0ck

s0nlxaftrsh0ck Private E-2

What type of anti-virus do you have? Like Trend-Micro PC-Cillin? You said it's already accepted on your Windows Firewall. But it looks like your computer sees some type of attack when you are connected to more than one person....::scratches head:: Alone it feels safe but when someone pops in it just shuts it down for prevention.

What do you have protecting your computer? Windows Firewall for one. What else are you using?

8. superstar

I'm simply using windows xp firewall and avg free edition as my anti virus. I do use Spybot Search & Destroy, and Adaware but those are scanners not active blockers. Other than that I have no other programs to mention.

9. s0nlxaftrsh0ck

s0nlxaftrsh0ck Private E-2

I know the newer versions of Spyboy Search & Destroy have an active Resident blocker for changes in registry or anything like that. SD-Resident is what it's called. It may or may not be that, I highly doubt it though. And AVG...anti-virus scanner free edition. That shouldn't touch anything online wise.

Maybe some ports need to be forwarded for your online game? Have you Port Forwarded anything before?

10. superstar

No I've never port forwarded anything before. & you know what's stranger now? The fact that I just uninstalled the game and reinstalled it! & I tried to host a game online for the first time after reinstalling and the game crashed as soon as he connected to me. I was on the phone with him when he clicked the "join room" button and he told me as he was clicking it so we know for a fact that it disconnects when he joins the room I created/host. & yet it still does the same thing and let's us play perfectly the second time I launch the game. I'm so upset I went through all this needless crap. I need to get this working as we play this all the time and this is a major inconvenience.

:major

Here is the page where I setup the room I host for me and him to play in online mode:

[​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds