Error: Windows Live OneCare cannot continue

Discussion in 'Software' started by bobbq2, Oct 21, 2007.

1. bobbq2

bobbq2 Private E-2

I installed Windows Live OneCare on three of our computers. It suddenly stopped loading on one of them. I receive the following error message every time the computer is restarted: “Windows Live OneCare cannot continue…………. The Windows Live OneCare service is not working or has been stopped. To correct the problem, try restarting your computer. If the problem persists, contact support.”

I tried using their support website, but none of their "canned" suggestions helped. I even tried removing and reinstalling Windows OneCare from my disk.
    When I tried to request technical help, it didn't recognize me as a subscriber. Then it appeared that I needed to agree to pay $35/hr for their support.

I’ve been manually starting the program from “Services”.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

2. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

I had a similar issue where the services would start but it wouldn't update to the latest at all, even after uninstalling and reinstalling.

You should be able to get free support via instant messenger. They have a removal tool for OneCare if you need to reinstall, did you use that?

3. bobbq2

bobbq2 Private E-2

Thanks! I think I used Window's "Install and remove programs" to remove OneCare. I didn't see the uninstall link in the help section until later. I think I'm must be blind in one eye and can't see out the other, because I didn't see the instant messenger link on their site. The only possible link I saw for requesting support had a lengthy user agreement that I refused to accept because I noticed a required payment for their support. Is there another link for subscribers that you might be able to send me?

How did you ever correct your OneCare problem?

Bob

4. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds