On line computer boot camp

Discussion in 'Software' started by JBShandrew, Jun 3, 2004.

1. JBShandrew

JBShandrew Private E-2

I have built my first computer. I used the directions that came with the motherboard. What I would like to do is to get help. I have many questions. Like in boot camp, different drill instructors have different expertise. Would the major Geeks please introduce yourselves and let me know what each of you expertise is.

I'm having a blue screen problem, I think is due to a hardware problem. Short of reformating my hard drive I would like some help to recover.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Kodo here- workstation troubleshooting and web/database development are my game.

does the blue screen give you an error message or does it display quickly and then reboot the machine.

If you could provide us with your full system details, that would be ideal. Your operating system is what I am looking for right now though.

3. JBShandrew

JBShandrew Private E-2

I am using win2kp I wrote down the stop code, then went tm KB I've tried just about every thing that the KB suggested, when I tried to get in to the repair console, I could not remember my administrator password therefore I was unable to login to the console.

I have an MSI MB with the 3rd dedicated IDE controler that uses the promise fastrack drivers. I have a very important document that I was working on on another HD (just incase it became necessary to reformat the main HD)

I went out and bought another HD so that I don't have to reformat either of my old HD's. Now I need an IDE Card. I just bought a MAXTOR ultra ATA / 133 HD. Can you recommend a good IDE card? for this HD there are so many to choose from, and I know so little about what is good and what is not, that I could some sound advise.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds