AVG Won't Uninstall

Discussion in 'Software' started by jackg304, May 16, 2012.

1. jackg304

jackg304 Private E-2

OS Windows XP SP3.....I am trying to uninstall AVG from my pc. I uninstalled it with avg uninstaller. It was gone from everywhere but still in Security Center. I re-installed it & un-installed it from ADD/Remove programs. It did the same thing.I deleted everything I could find with AVG on it. I went into the registery & deleted all avg files I could find & AVG is still in Security Center. Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Jack.

2. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

A few suggestions.

Do not try fiddling with registry entries as a way to correct an expected failed uninstall.
    You may remove the wrong thing(s).

Download the following:
    Revo Uninstaller
    AppRemover

Since you already tried a re-install once, I suggest you install again, reboot and then uninstall with Revo.
    Use the Moderate or Advanced mode for scanning.

If that does not solve the problem, try AppRemover.

3. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

Ok here is how i uninstall any program in Xp

First get this works much better the Revo
    http://majorgeeks.com/Iobit_Uninstaller_d6427.html

Then after you uninstall any items go to your Start menu then Search Then File and search

Then in the search option look for any files and folders that have been left be hind the uninstall then delete them.

This is how i delete any thing in windows Xp you might want to try this in Safe mode some times uninstalls can be problematic in regular windows safe mode is your best bet of deleting any file that use's your resource's.If you load in to safe mode the only resource's that are used is windows it self.No other programs are used in safe mode but windows OS.But you can use them in safe mode if needed.

4. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , go to C:\Program Files removing any of avg file , read this topic

http://cyberst0rm.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-completely-remove-avg-anti-virus.html

avg is devilish thing !! :wave:wave

5. jackg304

jackg304 Private E-2

Revo Uninstaller did the trick. Thank you all very much for the help.:wave

jack.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds