Aquarium Q & A

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Paxton007, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

Q: What are the dangers of mixing live bearing fish and egg laying fish in aquarium? I can imagine eating of either would be a danger.. Specifically can you mix Molly's and Tetras?

What I'm after are side effects of mixing the two, will one not breed when the other is around, or will one try and control the breeding of the other?:cool

2. silas

silas MajorGeek

My top 3 hobbies consist of fish keeping.. other terms having fish tanks. And yes you can have them together. Theres tons to talk about with fish. But those are pretty calm little guys, the water temp is pretty much the same. Just remember to cycle your tank properly(if you know what that is), test it with the API (imo best test kit) and do water changes if needed(not so much tho) and when you do water changes remember to add stuff in it to take the chemicals of daily water out of it for the fishys. Also 1 in of fish per gal. and so on and so on!

3. tonyhale

tonyhale Lounge Lizard No.2

Tetras are little devils mine used to love eating Angel fish tails/fins

4. tonyhale

tonyhale Lounge Lizard No.2

You may think the next bits a joke, but I can assure you its perfectly true.

I was due to go on the night shift when one of my Guppies decided to give birth. I was about to leave for work, when my beautiful wife told me I was a heartless monster, and I should stay at home and make sure the baby Guppies were safe. When I pointed out that the cost I was accused of being a piscatorial assassin
    Needless to say she won, I stayed off work, saved the fish, and was amply rewarded.

5. silas

silas MajorGeek

The thing that people want is guppys to breed. But once they start breeding.. you no longer want that anymore and end up having to give a lot of them away or whatever. Guppys breed a lot. I had friend that had like 4 or 5 and then no crappin you he had over 60 in 2 months max. Store wouldnt even buy them cause to many. So we gave em for free.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds