Doesn't even start up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by UBXMaster, May 3, 2009.

1. UBXMaster

UBXMaster Private E-2

Hey there! My sister has recently tried to use her computer (we have two different comps in the same house), and it doesn't seem to work. The monitor doesn't get signal, for example, and also, the typical 'beep' sound when starting up is more like 'beeeep-eep-eep-eep-eep' or something. The fact is that, she hasn't touched the PC in months, so I cannot guess what the problem could be.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If at boot the PC is beeping then the patten of beeps does tend to link to where the issue is, so would need to know the patten of beeps.

Depending on how confident you are with PCs, you could open it up (if desktop) and take out and then replace the likes of the ram and graphic card, check all connections to the CD/DVD and Hard Drives and connectinon from graphic card to monitor that they are plugged in firmly.

Check the PC is not full of dust, if so clean it up.

3. UBXMaster

UBXMaster Private E-2

Uh, well... I'm sure it could be the dust. It was the responsible of the other computer from overheating all of a sudden. Thanks for your advice anyway. ^_^

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds