ReBoot-Restart Scheduling applications...?

Discussion in 'Software' started by tarmin8or, Dec 31, 2008.

1. tarmin8or

tarmin8or Private First Class

Is there a good free program available to set up to restart your computer after being idle for certain amounts of time or if any certain event or error occurs?

Thank you!!!

2. tarmin8or

At times through the day, I need to remotely access my home computer. At times, it goes offline for reasons I have not a clue, I think it's a wireless signal conflict...but anyway, a reboot always gets the PC reconnected. If it is not online, I cannot access it and I need to several times per day. When it goes offline, I am "dead in the water" until i can either someone there to re-boot or wait until I get home.... a big pain in my ***.

I want to have a program that will automatically re-start the computer it has been Idle for "what-ever time" I select.

Thanks for you quick response.

tarmin8or

3. tarmin8or

Tried the System Software 3.1 but didn't work as I want it to. No option to have a re-boot after a certain amount of idle time or detection of errors.

Anything else out there that would allow me to do that?
    Thank you!!!!

tarmin8or

4. tarmin8or

No. I never know when the PC will go offline due to whatever is causing it. I was hoping to find an app. that will allow me to schedule /instruct the PC to re-boot after being idle for say....1 or 2 hours of none activity. Then I would know after the re-boot there would be a window of online access allowing me to go remote and access it from work or where-ever.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds