nf24-alh nforce 2 help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chimera1984, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Chimera1984

Chimera1984 Private E-2

Hey, ive pulled out one of my older machines for my girlfriend to use just for browsing and stuff, it has a nforce2, nf24-alh motherboard but i just cant get it to post, it sounds ok with no warning beeps or anything but all i get is fan activity, no display on the screen, i am trying to reset the cmos but as its an old pc i no longer have the manual to determine which jumper i used to do this, i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what may be causing this problem. Thank you

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

You can reset CMOS by pulling out the CMOS battery for 30s.

What I would do to troubleshoot this problem is strip the computer to its barest components (Video card, CPU, RAM), and see if it boots. Then, you can add components one-by-one until you find the device causing the problem, or you have reassembled the computer entirely (its possible a component has simply come loose and is making a bad connection)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds