One short beep plus keyboard freezes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by terryreece, May 18, 2008.

1. terryreece

terryreece Private E-2

been having this problem for a few months I had thought it was from a zlob trojan but not to sure now -jeeze I just am not really sure . But I have gotten pop ups telling me my virtual moneroy was to low .Sometimes I will try to login to email but nothing will type in login box .If I wait long enough I will hear a short beep then everything works fine . I had thought it was from having low memory but I added a new 512 to the 512 I have installed already.I also installed a new 320HD , I did not use a fresh copy of xp for the new hd I used my recovery disk to reload xp . I wonder if my problem is with the recovery disk :cry. I had the same problem before the new hardware was installed I thought for sure the new hardware would correct the problem . I was wrong . Sometimes when this freeze up starts I have to unplug the cpu wait like 5 minuites then all is fine . Should I wipe my HD and install a new verzion of xp ? I hope someone can help me please . :cry

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Welcome to Majorgeeks one of the first steps any should undertake if to follow this excellent advice:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

If after following that thread you still have problems we will explore it further.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds