what do you love most about your phone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Polinexm, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Polinexm

Polinexm Guest

Just figured we could express reasons we love our mobile phone.

So after having my galaxy s5, the thing I love most is the battery life.

I was off work yesterday and basically stayed on my phone for the whole day. So I played on it from 7am, till about 6 pm tonight before I put it on the charger at 8%. After supper, checked my phone and it was already half way charged.

I could name a ton more things but after today I think that's what has impressed me the most.

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I love how my cell phone is cheaper than my old land line, and so far, no telemarketers. :-D

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

It doesn't get in my way.

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I downloaded a shot timer app on mine, it knows it's place. :-D

5. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

My Blackberry Torch is much smaller and the battery lasts so much longer than my first mobile phone :cool
    This is the same model as my first phone in the early 1990s and it weighed over 20kg and you couldn't take it inside a plane rolleyes
    [​IMG]
    My one was in a sturdy backpack and on a really good day the lead acid battery lasted 4 hours :(
    I think it was a Motorola because the next one I got was the same brand and it was a Motorola Dyna Tac like this
    [​IMG]

I dunno the young kids of today don't know how lucky they are.........rant....rant...rant :p

Oh and get off my lawn :-D

6. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Battery life is OK on mine, I can go from SF to LA on one charge listening to music, so I kinda like that.
    What I like most is that I can do everything I want to do. The interface just works for me, always has. No fumbling around trying to make the phone work.

7. hitest

hitest Staff Sergeant

Agreed! I love my S5 for the fantastic battery life. Also, the S5 has a plethora of great applications and there is little lag when using the unit.

8. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I can honestly say there is nothing I "love" about my phone. There are quite a few things I like, such as no longer needing to always haul my laptop everywhere while still having internet access. But love? Nah. It's a gadget, and one I use frequently because I have it. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't use it.

Oh, wait! Because of my phone, I've gotten sent a variety of things to review (and keep) for it. Cases and mobile chargers, mostly. But then I wouldn't need those if I didn't have a phone. LOL

That's good? It's only about 400 miles. Even driving, that's barely six hours.

9. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

OK, time for English 101.
    My phone works 4.5 to 5 hours and I like that (yes, I am WAY over the speed limit).
    That does not say the phone will not last 12 hours, only that I like it lasting for the trip to LA.

A conversation with my Mom when I was around 6 years old might help.
    Mom "Son, what color is that house on the corner on the left"
    Me "It's green with white trim"
    Mom "You only know this side is green until we turn the corner"
    I was taught to assume nothing.

10. Bleepimus

Bleepimus Private E-2

Nokia 200. Can text and call and even do calculating, and 3 day or so battery life. Smartphone, later on.

11. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I'll just go ahead and assume one more thing: You got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Have a nice day!

12. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Were you taught manners? There was no need to be rude like that.

13. Bob D.

Bob D. Majorgeeks official old fart

The thing I like most is I can turn it off.

14. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Apologies to those offended.
    I did not mean to be rude.
    I will try to phrase things better.

15. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

It works. :-D

16. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

I fell out of love with my cell phone and everyone else's a few years ago when it became apparent that people are obsessed and addicted to their phone. No place is phone free, not a wedding, funeral, church, nor a restaurant. People just don't care if they are annoying. I really don't want to hear about your X or your stupid in-laws or how you are so misunderstood.:p I swear I was stuck sitting by someone at a sporting event and had to listening to them talk on their phone for an hour about the best chicken nuggets and where to get them.rolleyes I tried to cheer for my team extra loud. :-D

Sorry to rant!:-D Think I need another cup of coffee!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  17. cyberlaw

cyberlaw Private E-2

its works and the amount of stuff u can now do on it, other than makes calls....lol

18. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Agreed on all of that.

I do love my phone though. I love that when I forget something (which happens more and more :-D) or want to know something... all I have to do is click a button.

I prefer my Windows phone for its customization and UI.

19. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

I like that I can buy a $20 60-minute card and it last (for me) over 3 months. Beats a landline.

20. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

It allows me to call and text folk, but the other main reason I love mu Nokia 920 is that I can internet share its cellular 4G signal for using as a wifi router, really great with my Surface Pro tablet.

NFC is good and Nokia had is way before Apple!

21. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

David, what carrier do you use. All the ones I find charge extra for tethering or have a very low data cap.

22. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Nokia E-71:- Old, but a decent Business Phone. (A bit like a Blackberry, but without the weighty price-tag, I guess).
    Same - One of the longest battery lives of any phone, at the time.
    Bad - For an oldie, like me, too darn small on screen and keyboard for an old Ogre like me, lol!
    Time to get with the 21st Century, and buy a Samsung Galaxy, or something, I suppose.:p

Nothing I really love about it. I save that for much more sophisticated 'toys' I have. :).

23. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I use O2 UK on a rolling 30day contract of 4G unlimited calls and texts an 5GB data, £26 per month

Tethering is free and will go up to your data limit, mines 5GB per month and never been near that at all yet, hit 2GB generally and that's as I tether my phone to Surface. Don't stream video or music to that would help, just use it for normal internet usage and downloading, if Free Wifi is available I will use that instead.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds