\WINDOWS\system32\config\system

Discussion in 'Software' started by 2-Bit-Geek, Apr 24, 2008.

1. 2-Bit-Geek

2-Bit-Geek Sergeant

I had to re-start my PC after it crashed and when I did it booted and aked me to choose whether to boot in safe-mode or normal, you know the drill but no matter what I chose it crashes except normal or last good config.

But even then it doesn't get far before...

File is corrupt or missing...

\WINDOWS\system32\config\system

Ive been searching the net since yesterday and ive not found a solution that works.

Ive tryed booting from my XP CD and pressing 'r' to repair XP and it ask's which to fix I choose 1 of 1 (C:/) then it ask's for the Administrator password and I havn't set one, i'm aware that it's only accessable in safe mode and that it is a default... thing :confused whith XP but I don't have a password for it and it not any of the obvious:

blank
    admin
    administrator
    user

or my login password

Anyone have any idea's?

I need a solution that doesn't require a format and re-install as I have stuff on that HDD I havn't backed up...

I keep meaning to use this HDD (old IDE one) to backup onto but I havn't gotton round to it :(

And If I use the bust HDD as a 2nd HDD I cannot access "My Documents" to get any important data from it :cry any Ideas there?

Please help I dying without high spec games lmao

:major.2-Bit-Geek.:major

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

3. 2-Bit-Geek

2-Bit-Geek Sergeant

These may in fact work but I am missing the administrator password :cry

It's not any of the ones I mentioned before, is there a default password?

4. 2-Bit-Geek

2-Bit-Geek Sergeant

I have a "solution" to the admin password I think.

Anyone ever heard of any programs that are CD based operating systems?

You boot from CD and you can re-set all passwords to default (blank), ive used one before and I cannot remember it's name. It was based on MS XP and it says it is not to be used for hacking purposes :p.Anyone know of any and where I can download them?

Also to update on my situation I can access my D:/ program files and what not but not my documets, which is where all my uber important data is =(

"Not accessible.
    Access is denied"

If anyone knows how to get into it I can skip all this password chnging XP repairing non-sence and just back and re-install XP :)

My ignorance of such things is frustrating! lol

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds