1080p playback not smooth

Discussion in 'Software' started by El Beverino, Mar 27, 2012.

1. El Beverino

El Beverino Private E-2

Hi all,

For some reason, I'm unable to play 1080p movies properly. Playback is not smooth, and I keep experiencing hiccups whilst playing.

I looked up my graphics card on the manufacturers website, and there they say it should be able to. I use VLC player, and added my system specifications in the attachment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

The most common cause of hiccups or stuttering is the frame rate of the movie not being compatible with the refresh rate of the monitor,this causes something called dropped frames and is most noticable if you have a HDTV with motion interpolation and play HD content,it happens with standard def content too but I never noticed it until I started watching 1080p content.

There are a couple of ways to fix it,if your playing blue rays or dvd's straight from your drive and they're 24fps set your monitor to 24hz in your display control panel and the problem can be eliminated but not always.

I often play video content using Media player classic or WMP using reclock,set your monitor to 24fps and set reclock to 24fps 'if its 24fps content' and reclock will sync the video with your refresh rate.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ReClock-Directshow-Filter

Your hardware should play the content fine,while your playing 1080p content could you hit control alt del,start task manager,click performance and post your cpu usage.

Could you describe how often you experience the hiccups also during typical video.

3. El Beverino

El Beverino Private E-2

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. I tried adjusting the hertz on my monitor, but for some reason, the only option I have is 60Hz. RAM and CPU use are around 50 and 40 percent, respectively.

Anyway, I tried playing with windows media player and that worked fine. So I'm guessing it must be VLC. Never thought to change, cause I always hear that VLC works best. Do you think it may be something in VLC's settings that causes the hiccups? One last thing, when I unplugged my laptop, and used WMP, the hiccups returned. I guess that has more to do with my power plan than anything else.

Cheers

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds