Smooth Scrolling

Discussion in 'Software' started by markfitz10, Jun 15, 2005.

1. markfitz10

markfitz10 Private E-2

G'day, mates -

I canna get my browser (Firefox)to scroll smoothly..... every time I scroll up and down on a Web page, the image jumps, making reading text almost impossible. I've tried checking Smooth Scrolling under the Advanced tab (Tools/Options), but to no avail. I'm running XP HE (SP1) on a 1.8 GHz machine. I just re-installed XP, along with Adelphia's Freedom Security package, after wiping my hard drive clean to get rid of some remarkably persistent malware.

Thanks.

Mark

2. Jawa Slayer

Jawa Slayer Corporal

3. markfitz10

markfitz10 Private E-2

Thanks, JawaSlayer -

I downloader and installed the extension, but can't tell that it improved anything. It's still pretty disappointing. What's weird is that I had smooth scrolling in both IE and Mozilla before wiping my hard disk clean and reinstalling my OS, without any extensions. Do you have any sense of what happened when I reinstalled XP?

Thanks.

Mark

4. Jawa Slayer

Jawa Slayer Corporal

I dunno, both firefox's smooth scroll and that extention made my mouse scroll really smooth. Maybe after you reinstalled windows you didn't install the mouse drivers or software? That might effect the smoothness of the scroll...

5. peterparker

peterparker Corporal

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds