Toshiba Satellite L505 keyboard and touchpad not working.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Enemitz, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Enemitz

Enemitz Private E-2

Swapped motherboard in this laptop because the old one had died. After plugging everything in and double checking all of my connections, here are the symptoms I am having now:

When the machine boots to windows I have no keyboard or touch pad. I have keyboard function at post long enough for me to hit f2 and get to the CMOS settings, after that I lose keyboard, except for using the function key and f4 to change monitors,

On boot up I can turn number lock on and then nothing again. I have tried resetting the CMOS, o have tried pulling all the cards like wireless and modem, tried different sticks of ram and even pulling the hard drive. If you have any thoughts or have seen this before please clue me in,

Thanks,

Eddie

2. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

What prompted the mobo replacement?

3. Enemitz

Enemitz Private E-2

It would not start up. Checked battery and power supply. Did a hard reset by removing the battery and holding in the power button for 30 seconds. Still nothing so I ordered a mobo from eBay. Installed the new one and the problems listed are what I am dealing with now. I have tried plugging in a USB keyboard and mouse and that does not work as well.

4. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

A lot of e-bay mobos are "repaired on a component level".

I would contact your seller, and inform them you have a hardware, or multiple issues. If the seller is reputable, they should take the board back for diagnosis pending an exchange if they are a real "Major Geek".

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds