Event ID 7000

Discussion in 'Software' started by parkey, Nov 14, 2007.

1. parkey

parkey Private E-2

I've been trying to find out what has been causing these two error messages in my event log at the start up. It is and event id of 7000 with a description of :

"The osanbm service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified."

Along with a second error: event id 700 and a source of service control manager

"The osaio service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified. "

I have recently mapped a network drive that i have to use a vpn connection to access. I am wondering if it is related to that and at the start up the system is trying to access the drive and it can't. I have also went through some of the services and disabled them to improve performance and such based on some google searches. I tried google searching these errors with no helpful information.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Do you have activesync installed?

3. parkey

parkey Private E-2

I looked under add/ remove programs and don't see it there, but i did do a search for activesync and a folder labeled "Microsoft activesync" comes up. It only has one dll under the folder.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds