ar.voicefive.com

Discussion in 'Software' started by peterr, Jan 23, 2012.

1. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Hello
    Starting today, when I go to my live account(Hotmail), this popup appears above the taskbar for a moment then disappears. I have not yet had a chance to see what my options are but I think they are; cancel, allow etc.
    I have run my Norton's Security Suite but nothing was there.
    I was trying out a new Kindle and it uses WIFI and my secure network. I had to spend some time trying to figure it out.
    Could this have led to a problem?
    It only occurs at the Hotmail site.
    I Googled it and it talked about cross scripting but I saw mention of a security breach.
    Do you have an understanding of what this is and what to do about it?
    I posted in malware and followed the steps and they sent me here.
    Thank you

2. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Sounds like your Hotmail is checking to see if you allowed it to open.Check all your settings especially security settings of the firewall.

3. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Will do. Norton suggetsed I go to start> run >prefetch and delete all the files and the same with %temp %.
    Would you agree no harm would be done especially removing the prefetcch files which I have never done?
    They then said to reset MSIE 9.
    Thank you.

4. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

The built-in Disk Cleanup will remove temp files or in IE,tools and delete browsinh histoy or Ccleaner. Now , there's an argument on this but,,there is No reason to delete the Prefetch folder . It only contains 128 entries and it is self maintained by Windows. Deleting this folder will actually slow your computer down!!!! Resetting MSIE will do no harm!!!!:-D

5. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

I read that it was not wise to delete prefetch also.
    I think the reason was when you want to find something, prefetch has to be built up again and it will run slowly until it does.
    If this occurs again, I will reset the explorer.
    I had put ad.voicefive.com in the restricted area but released it in case it was a valid warning of sorts.
    The reason I asked about this to begin with is because I have never seen it before and Google mentioned security.
    I have a feeling what you said is true that either hotmail or explorer was asking or telling me something of a valid nature.
    Thanx for the help.
    Peter

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

7. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

I was reading about some people handling this pest by changing browsers like explorer to FF.
    I went to privacy in MSIE 9 and entered it, and so far so good.
    I alternate between MSIE 9 and F.F. because no one browser is accepted at all sites, as I am sure you know.
    Thank you again for the information.
    Peter

8. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Putting it in privacy did not help as it is still pestering me. Ran both alwarebytes anti malware and Norton.

9. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

10. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Can't hurt -thank you.

11. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

12. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

I appreciate your finding this for me.
    Now I have to figure out what to do.
    malwarebytes,Norton find nothing.
    I reset my explorer.
    When I run it, it exists as a word file that has been removed.
    I may call Norton if it persists. :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds