nsis error and blue screen driver error

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ganthas, May 25, 2006.

1. Ganthas

Ganthas Private E-2

I have a few problems that I cannot fix.

My computer was just assembled.

Symptoms At First:
    Ran smoothly for several hours. Seeing that all my hardware had the appropriate software updates to support them. (ASUS updates and NVIDIA updates.. Can not check Windows updates..)

I began downloading files from e-mule. (NSIS error nearly every time. Eventually I established an installer that was not corrupted... Still unsure of what is corrupting my files on downloading.) All the files that I downloaded were put onto my partitioned space. (C:/ drive contains the OS, total 100gb hd, Drive E:/ Storage total 200 gb hd)

I began accessing music files through the Core Media Player, stored on the E:/ drive. At this point my computer began to randomly restart. After a few days of this occuring regulartly I googled it, and the NSIS error.. Found too many results to sift through, so I began running Mallware walkthroughs here on Majorgeeks.com to see if that was the problem. Found a bit of mallware, and several virus's but was able to kill them all on my own.

Both problems kept happening, and keep on happening. So I again googled the random restarts. I disabled the restart on sys error. Now it started bluescreen restarts giving me a Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal message.

At this point I followed a procedure that took me to the properties of the my computer tab and told me to auto the virtual memory paging file under advanced performance, so I did.

Still it blue screens me with the same message. Im getting ancy here... A friend of mine thinks that he knows how to fix it, he has a utility I can use, but we cant transfer the file because I continually get that NSIS error message... Any suggestions?

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

First check your ram .....bad ram, not properly seated, etc. can cause all kinds of problems ...esp. corrupt download notices.:)

3. Ganthas

Ganthas Private E-2

I checked my ram with MemTest for about 20 min, running its coverage to about 600%. I have 512mb of ram. 0 errors.

As for my system, as far as I know its all new parts, fresh install of windows xp... I just bought it all, a friend assembled it and installed a copy of windows he had... Registry key for windows is already in use, so im guessing he's shared it a few times. Ill have to wait until the middle of June to buy a new version of windows xp if necessary.

I reinstalled NSIS...

4. TimW

As far as virtual memory ....go back in and set both to zero ...ok out and restart computer ....go back in and reset to auto (if you want to set to manual ...make max. 1 1/2 times the size of your ram.)
    You can make it saved to a seperate/different folder ....or to a different drive(but you lose your mem. dump saves.)

5. Ganthas

Ganthas Private E-2

alrighty, done and done.

For a while now I havent had a blue screen error message... This may or may not have to do with me not using my E:/ drive, every time ive crashed that seemes to be the constant in what i was doing at the time.

6. TimW

7. Ganthas

Ganthas Private E-2

ccleaner was already installed, but i didnt intentionally disable anything with that drive. I may have, or my friend could have... Run me through it and ill check if its a problem.

8. TimW

Right click on the drive ....properties ....at the bottom is a box with allow indexing service to ..... try unchecking that ....then go to tools (next tab) and hit check now on error checking ....check both boxes and ok out ...
    did you run ccleaner ...esp. the issues portion?

9. TimW

10. Ganthas

Ganthas Private E-2

i have just finished completing the Issues cclean and the drive check. The check took a while. The CClean found a lot of errors in the registry and when i used the cleaner it found quite a bit as well. What next?

11. TimW

Did you opt to fix the issues that ccleaner found?
    You have the option to save the changes (I would suggest you do so).
    Then see if the site I mentioned has any help on the nsis issues if still having problems.

12. Ganthas

Ganthas Private E-2

I havent had a blue screen restart in a while. I figured out what my problem was. I was running e-mule. My computer must really hate how I had it configured so I just uninstalled it. That solved all my problems. It doesent explain why I was having NSIS errors when emule wasnt even running tho. Thanks for all your help tho.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds