Dell hardware support.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Strange1, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Strange1

Strange1 Staff Sergeant

Does anyone out there have a solution to obtaining Hardware service for Dell products that doesn't involve someone who doesn't, or barely does, speak English. My system (4600) has a noisy CPU fan. After a 48 min wait I spoke with a tech for some foreign galaxy, but couldn't understand him (her/it) and asked to speak to a supervisor and was refused. I can and might go ahead and order and pay for a fan just to get the prob resolved. But I have a service warranty and shouldn't have to do that. Is there a stateside telephone number that I can use to speak to someone who speaks english? I'm disgusted with Dell's service but love the products. HELP!

Jack

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

I used chat online with a tech on their support page recently for a DVD reader. Got good response but did end up on the phone and as you say it can be difficult.:eek:
    First chat, I was connected in 1-2 minutes. Second chat, the queue was about 15 - 20 minutes before connection.
    Hardware was to me in 2 days and fixed problem.:)

3. Strange1

Strange1 Staff Sergeant

Update...........I contacted them on line and got an almost immediate response that they are sending me a fan. May have to use this procedure in future (if any) attempts. Thanks for the feedback.

Jack

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds