Choppy Headphone Sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 20Valve, Mar 3, 2014.

1. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

Greetings Geeks -

I have a Bluetooth problem. It seems occasionally the sound signal is choppy is drops. Sometimes is it really bad, and sometimes it does not happen at all. Reboots don't seem to help, either it is flawless or it is really bad.

Now, I know Bluetooth is susceptible to interference, but this seems to be an either/or occurrence. Here are the specifics:

Headphones are SX-907C
    I use a small, USB Bluetooth broadcaster thingie plugged into the front panel of the my tower. I believe it is Broadcom
    Windows 7 fully updated
    Sound Blaster Audigy

I do have my router a mere 12 inches or so away from the Bluetooth USB. Could that be causing interference? Could it be a device conflict? Is it a matter of a cheap Bluetooth hardware?

Any suggestions or insight are appreciated!

2. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

Hmmmm - it seems moving the Bluetooth dongle to the rear panel has fixed my problem. I will have to try it more, as the performance, as I said, is spotty.

3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

That "thingie" is a dongle. I don't think the proximity of your wi-fi router is the problem. Bluetooth and wi-fi operate on different frequencies. If you have an available PCI slot inside the case, get a Bluetooth card and get rid of the dongle. You'll have a stronger, more stable signal.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds