cable modem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eric06, Jul 31, 2004.

1. eric06

eric06 Sergeant Major

hey guys,
    yeah its me again. i put a call into cox but they still haven't gotten back to me yet. my friend down the street has the same sevice and modem as me, and he runs it through ehternet and i run mine through usb. i want to try the ethernet way but my computer won't show the conection as even existing. any ideas? i did ask my friend but he knows nothing about computers, and says a guy (i think a tech) set it up for him. so any ideas would be great.
    thanks

eric

2. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

Just a question do you have you ethernet card properly installed, drivers and all???????

3. eric06

eric06 Sergeant Major

yeah i have re-installed the drivers 3 times.

eric

4. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

See my reply in your other thread.

5. eric06

eric06 Sergeant Major

thanks doug, that anwsered one of my questions, but the fact still remains that my computer will not show the ethernet connection. thanks for the help

eric

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds