Firefox 31.0 problem on opening

Discussion in 'Software' started by outdoorgal, Jul 31, 2014.

1. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Sergeant Major

When my sister opens her Firefox, a window pops up that says Yahoo Email Login (picture attached) and I cannot find how to disable this. She no longer uses Yahoo email, but she keeps the account in order to have Yahoo Messenger. She now uses Gmail as her main email.

She has Windows 8.1, and Firefox is her default browser.

Anyone have any suggestions? I know that Win 8/8.1 have a Mail Application and thought this may have something to do with it. My sister used the email at yahoo.com though, not the app for Win 8.1.

Attached Files:

2. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

See if she has the Yahoo login page set as her homepage, and change it.

3. outdoorgal

We changed it to Gmail.com when we signed her up for an email account there. It's really got me stumped, and I'm sure it's going to be some stupid little thing I am just overlooking;)

Thank you for your suggestion, denise:)

4. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

Does the "Yahoo! Mail Login" pop up when she uses a different browser(IE, Opera, etc.)?

In Firefox, from the "Help" menu, try "Restart with add-ons disabled...". If the menu bar is not displayed, then press the [Alt]+[H] key combination for the "Help" menu.

An alternative method, pull up the "Add-ons Manager" [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[A] and disable all the Add-ons/extensions, close the "Add-ons Manager", close Firefox and re-launch it.

If installed, security add-ons/extensions such as "NoScript" can be left enabled. If any are left enabled please list them.

Would you please list the "Plugins" that are installed and whether they are set to, "Always Activate", "Ask to Activate" or "Never Activate"? They can be listed by clicking on the "Plugins" button in the "Add-ons Manager".

I suspect Yahoo Messenger is the culprit prompting her to log-in. Is Firefox set to delete cookies on exit? Maybe an external program such as Ccleaner is being used?

5. outdoorgal

I'll test out your info today Plasti, thank you much, I'll reply when I find out,

thank you again, denise

6. cosman25

cosman25 Private E-2

Plastidust is right. There should be a Yahoo Mail addon that can be disabled/removed from Firefox.

7. outdoorgal

Ok, I was working on securing a wifi signal for my sis too, so got side-tracked. I'll go in and look at the addons now;) thanks bunches, denise

8. outdoorgal

Ok guys, looks like that took care of it, I restarted Firefox after disabling an addon that said Yahoo, and now the window didn't pop up again. I thank you again, and just told my sister if it does come up again to let me know, I do think it's taken care of though:) denise

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds