Question about the correct protocol to get a question answered at Major Geeks

Discussion in 'Software' started by Maggie, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Maggie

Maggie Corporal

Hi Everyone:

I have a question.

I'm wondering, did I not follow the correct protocol yesterday to get my HiJack-This Log
    looked at? Is there something I could have done better, in order to get help? I'm sure you guys are really busy as there are a lot of people seeking help. I'm just wondering. Any comments? Thank you so much.

Maggie

1 person likes this.
  2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Hi maggie,
    is this thread you're referring to?

http://www.majorgeeks.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29265

if so, there are 13 replies to your post and it looked like you got it all sorted out. Which leads me to wonder why you pose your current question?

The topic seemed fine. I can answer on a personal level why I didn't repond.. simply put, I hate going through Hi-Jack this logs.. but that's me personally. I don't know about anyone else.

4. Maggie

Maggie Corporal

Thanks for your responses

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for your responses.

Yes, I got great help here with my question about the possible trojan horse.
    I was very pleased at your quick response.

Don't worry about the Hijack-This Log.

I really like the Major Geeks website. I enjoy hanging out here and reading.
    I have learned alot.

Maggie

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

We're happy to have you here Maggie :)

6. Maggie

Maggie Corporal

Thanks Kodo

Thanks Kodo!

Maggie :)

7. sniper-uk

sniper-uk Private E-2

sounds like another happy customer:)

8. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

Hi Maggie
    i did have a quick look at your log file yesterday but i didnt see anything untoward in there and agreed with the response given by Robo that it was more than likely Norton playing up and didnt really have anything else to offer at the time and i was also busy doing other things
    Please remember we do this for free in our own time, as far as hijack lists go i personally dont mind going through them but they can be time consuming so you have to have a bit of patience as well.
    If you think your problem is still unresolved but has moved off the front page its best to just post a reply along the lines of
    "anyone got any fresh ideas on this" yada..yada this will have the effect of moving your post back to the top where it may recieve more replies :)

As for Majorgeeks we do try and resolve most peoples problems as quickly as we can and i think overall our sucess rate is very high

You certainly recieved more help than you did with your post on another forum i noticed this as you had it listed in your hijack log ;)

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.computercops.biz/postt22257.html

9. Maggie

Maggie Corporal

Response to General

Hi General:

Thanks so much for your comments.

I certainly understand the fact that you all do this for free and in your spare time.
    I applaud you all for wanting to help people with their computer problems.

As you mentioned, I sure didn't get a very good response at the other website.
    I got confused, after posting my Hijack-This log there and then here and I didn't
    seem to get a response. I thought perhaps that I was doing something wrong, in
    my postings.

Anyway, thanks so much for everything. I really like this website and hope to learn
    much more about computers in the future, by reading here.

Maggie

10. Maggie

Maggie Corporal

Response to Xflat

Hi Xflat

It is interesting to learn a little more about this website.

I must be a wanna-be geek. :D
    I enjoy reading tech type websites quite often.

Maggie

1 person likes this.
  11. bern

bern Sergeant

hi maggie i started out just knowing how to switch putor on but now i am a little more advanced. i hang out here to learn more as this is just a hobby for me as i install fire systems for a living. it is great here as almost all are very patient and understanding :)

12. Maggie

Maggie Corporal

Response to Bern

Hi Bern

Thanks for the message.

Computer is a combination of hobby and work for me. I work in both MS Excel and
    MS Word quite often. My skills in those software programs are pretty good, although
    I don't claim to have advanced knowledge of these programs.

I have been interested in computers for quite awhile. My first PC was an old IBM that ran DOS.

People in the family call me with questions about their computers. Sometimes I can help, but other times not. A lady I used to work with calls me occasionally with questions. Same thing. Sometimes I know the answer, other times not. I will always try to find out the answer if possible.

My skills are somewhat above those of a novice, but I make no claim to have high tech skills. I am always interested and willing to learn new things about computers. I like
    Major Geeks and feel I can learn alot here.

Maggie

13. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

14. Maggie

Maggie Corporal

Response to Kodo

Hi Kodo:

Thanks for the note about Excel and VBA.
    Is VBA a programming language for Excel?

Maggie

15. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

VBA is Visual Basic for Applications. It's something that you can use to write custom applications using other applications to do the behind the scenes work. let me find you a link.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vba/

16. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

here's a direct quote from the overview page at the link I just gave you.

What Is Visual Basic for Applications?

Microsoft Visual Basic® for Applications (VBA) is a powerful development technology for rapidly customizing rich-client desktop packaged applications and integrating them with existing data and systems. VBA offers a sophisticated set of programming tools based on the Microsoft Visual Basic development system, the world's most popular rapid application development system, which developers can use to harness the power of packaged applications. VBA enables customers to buy off-the-shelf software and customize it to meet their specific business processes, rather than build solutions from scratch. This helps them save time and money, reduce risks, leverage their programming skills, and deliver precisely what users need.

Visual Basic for Applications provides a complete integrated development environment (IDE) that features the same elements familiar to developers using Microsoft Visual Basic, including a Project Window, a Properties Window, and debugging tools. VBA also includes support for Microsoft Forms, for creating custom dialog boxes, and ActiveX® Controls, for rapidly building user interfaces. Integrated directly into a host application, VBA offers the advantages of fast, in-process performance (up to 200 times faster than other stand-alone development tools), tight integration with the host application (code behind documents, cells, and so forth), and the ability to build solutions without the use of additional tools.

Software programs that include VBA are called customizable applications?applications that can be tailored to fit specific business needs. This class of applications enables developers to quickly build solutions that require less end-user training. For MIS and business managers, customization means that solutions can be developed quickly and deployed easily, with minimal maintenance. In an industry familiar with two-year backlogs for new applications and high end-user training costs, these solutions provide a tremendous business benefit in terms of return on investment (ROI) and timeliness.

17. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

wow.. totally forgot about this thread.. thanks for cleaning up for me Fw190 :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds