okay, not sure if this is in the right spot, but HELP! PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Arch_Angelus666, May 27, 2007.

1. Arch_Angelus666

Arch_Angelus666 Private E-2

i really messed up my G: drive, it won't read any cd's now, i was playing Harry Potter (i was really bored) and i accidentally hit the windows start menu button, and then it crashed. after it crashed it would no longer read any cd's. i tried rebooting it, but that didn't work, i'm soooooo :mad. :boxing

thank you for your help

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

What you described shouldn't have damaged the drive.... go to Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager. Look for DVD/CD Drives. Click the little plus sign and your CD/DVD drives will be listed. Right-click on each one and choose Uninstall. Reboot the PC to re-install the drives. If you see any question marks or exclamation points, make note of what they are and post the info.... Thanx! and Good Luck! Let us know what happens!

hd2k

3. Arch_Angelus666

Arch_Angelus666 Private E-2

okay, i phoned my friend and we (so basically he) fixed the problem, it's all good, thanks hopperdave2000 for the help

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds