New Computer

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Crimson1077, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Crimson1077

Crimson1077 MG - Offical "Active" Team Member

Can't wait for my new Desktop Intel Core i5 650 3.20 Ghz with 8 GB RAM 1TB Hard Drive! USB PORTS: 6 in the back 2 in the front. On bored graphics. Wonder if it'll be good for gaming?:confused

2. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Ought to be a good base rig to start out with. 8GB of RAM is a good gaming amount. A lot depends on the quality of the motherboard and what onboard graphics it has. Discrete video cards are much better for overall graphics performance, but the newer onboard graphic solutions (coupled with plenty of system RAM) are pretty impressive.

Good thing is, most modern motherboards have PCI-E X16 slots so you will always be able to add in a beefy video card if the onboard graphics aren't up to the par you need.

New computers are fun! :)

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

The way I see it, a new computer is always a good time to celebrate! Congrats! :-D

4. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Nothing quite like that "new hardware" smell!!! :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds