Saying "hi" while waiting to see if malware still here

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by spottedzebra, Sep 7, 2008.

1. spottedzebra

spottedzebra Private E-2

just introducing myself. i've run all the cleaning "how to get rid of malware" steps so I'm taking a break and seeing if my computer is acting clean.

The problem has been slightly intermittent. I use Firefox, but was getting IE opening at random times with ad pop ups. It never happened before. And, yeah, the various cleaners found Trojan virus. boo.

I love this forum with the advice about all the right stuff I should have on my PC that might have let me avoid the problem in the first place. I'll def move on and install with the advice here once I clean up this problem. I'm happy to have found Major Geeks!

2. gsavill

gsavill Private E-2

Hi I need help
    I used the CCCleaner and the allinone tool. Now when I log on my computer the VAIO screen is there without my desktop and my settings. I have to go into task mgr to access programs

3. Doc13%

Doc13% aka Kestrel13! aka Emms

Hi and welcome :wave you need to start your own thread in the appropriate section which would be software and explain in detail what happened. Running Ccleaner does not usually produce results like this when running the standard clean up ..however if you played around with the start up menu under "tools" and disabled something essential then that could well have been what's happened. Can you give more details of what you did?

EDIT I see you already posted in software :) good luck with your problem

4. Doc13%

Doc13% aka Kestrel13! aka Emms

welcome spotted zebra :wave

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks.com

Just to help you in future, please start a new thread in the correct forum with your issue. It gets a little confusing otherwise for the person who originally started the thread and those attempting to help.

I answered your duplicate post in the Software Forum :)

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's spottedzebra..

7. Horsey

Horsey Sergeant

:wave spottedzebra

Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds