Formated my GF's USB to raw? FUUUUUUU!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Time4Alchemy, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Time4Alchemy

Time4Alchemy Private E-2

Formated my GF's USB to raw? FUUUUUUU!

Breaking news:
    Simple user error spurs homicide!

Ok, so I accidentally formatted my girlfriends usb drive to RAW format and I really need to get the information on there restored before she finds out.

I've already tried Easeus Data Recovery and one or two other programs but (although my computer can read the removable drive) they can not. The steps listed in the software tutorials are not available in my version.

Please help me out. I'm on the verge of committing software piracy and you don't want that on your conscious, do you? :-o

I'm including some hopefully relevant information at the end of this post. If you need me for anything else you can either find me in the downloads section or stuffed in the trunk of the car.

Possible relevant info:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Is Recuva one of the other ones you tried? Nothing to lose by giving it a shot.

And for the love of any god who has ever who has ever shown mercy on computer mistakes, do NOT put anything at all on that USB drive!!! If you write over the formatted sections, you make the data un-recoverable.

3. Time4Alchemy

Time4Alchemy Private E-2

This program surpasses what the others so far have been able to do and actually is able to display the F: drive; but unfortunately its superiority ends there. It's telling me 'the parameter is incorrect'.

Thank you for your suggestion, Mimsy. Please let me know if you have anymore.

Tried so far:
    Piriform Ricuva v1.38.504
    Recover Files v3.25
    Auslogics File Recovery

4. Time4Alchemy

Time4Alchemy Private E-2

Sorry for double post, but good news! We have a winner!

Virtual Lab 5.7 was able to do the trick where many others have failed. I think it deserves a full round of applause. :)

Unfortunately, since it's the demo there's only a limited amount I'm able to choose to save; which means I'll still have to come clean and admit my goof rather than choose the wrong files. Still, I feel a lot better that I'm able to go to her with at least a partial solution instead of "Oh, honey I kind of accidentally wiped your flash drive....again."

You think she would have learned the first time, wouldn't you? Although, then again so should I.

Thank you all who tried to help.

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Glad to hear you'll be able to at lest get some of it back. Now, try not to do it again! LOL ;)

6. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds