USB/Firewire/Audio Headers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PhydeauxHaxor, Jan 26, 2007.

1. PhydeauxHaxor

PhydeauxHaxor Private E-2

Hey everyone, I need help desperately. I was stupid enough to buy an HP from BestBuy when it was on sale (i usually build my pc's, but it was a great sale) And I have completely modded it since then, (i.e. new case, video card, hard drives, cd-rom drives, ram, cpu cooler) Basically all the HP that's left is the motherboard and CPU. I have tried and tried and tried to get the information out of HP that I need, but they're incompetent. I have the Pavilion Media Center a1310n with the Asus A8AE-LE (amberineM) socket 939 motherboard. I am trying to hook up the front ports to the onboard headers, but cannot find a pin-placement diagram, or mobo diagram, or anything anywhere. Please, if anyone has this information, LET ME KNOW!! I would really like to get these hooked up. I've been online with HP tech support all day, and all they can say is "the serial number is located on the back or side of the tower" They can't even understand I put the computer in a new case...dang anti-US foreigners. My father lost his job to people like them. :major

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I tried the online tech just for the heck of it. I am not a really fast typer, so there apears to be some 'lag' in the conversation, but here is what they say you need. Does not look like it is very helpful.

Vinson D: Welcome to HP Total Care for Desktops. My name is Vinson. How may I assist you today?
    Vinson D: Hello Eric. How are you doing today?
    Eric : I have a friend that needs a diagram in order to hook up usb cables to the motherboard
    Eric : hello
    Eric : I am well, how are you
    Vinson D: I am doing good Thank you.
    Vinson D: Do not worry Eric.
    Vinson D: I will be glad to assist you to resolve the issue.
    Eric : do you have a diagram to connect the USB/Firewire connections on the case to the motherboard?
    Vinson D: Eric, please give me 5 minutes so that I can search for the document in our database.
    Eric : ok
    Vinson D: Thank you Eric.
    Vinson D: Eric, thank you for being online and for your patience,.
    Vinson D: http://www.usbman.com/Guides/BelkinMotherboard_cable_assembly.htm
    Eric : thank you very much, have a good day!
    Vinson D: Using the above link you can find the information, how to connect USB cables to mother board.
    Eric : thanks again.
    Vinson D: You are welcome Eric. Have a great day.
    Vinson D: Thank you, bye.

Good luck!

E

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds