Free Download Accelerater....DONT DO IT....

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tcon, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Tcon

Tcon Private E-2

This software cannot be deleted.. every time I try to deldte it it comes up access is denied cannot be deleted....CAN ANYONE HELP... The following dill are glued to the system...fdaagent,exe - fdahlp.dll - hooker.dll - dui.dll - This was downloaded from Majorgeeks site via Author. is there anything that can get rid of these parasites... I run win XP..Tcon...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2004
  2. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

i dont think thats spyware or anything like that unless theyve changed for a newer version
    make sure youve got all browser windows closed when running uninstall and make sure that app is not running in your system processes through task manager

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Well I just downloaded and installed this app just to test your errors, what I can only imagine you are going is to be uninstalling the program while its still running albiet possibly in the background.

close the fdaagent.exe from the task manager then close all IE ( or other browser windows ) then use the programs Uninstaller from the start menu..... then it does leave 2 dll files in a folder in the Program Files folder which I just deleted.

these dlls are not parasites in the terms of spyware they are the FDAs IE toolbar that was installed as part of the program....

4. Ezaxs99

Ezaxs99 Ether Person

Free Accelerator

I am looking for solution, If I remember correctly ....
    OPEN up your Windows task manager....delete the process
    fdaagent.exe.......then go and manually remove the others
    Like you I downloaded free software....and FYI this accel-
    erator is bundled with that software...No choice was given
    as to whether to use it or not.
    The agent is set to automatically start at startup...it runs
    in the background....so yes....turn off system restore...
    Make sure you get RegSupreme after you manually remove
    the prog(exe) run it and get rid of the Registry hook...

From experience...then go to BlackVipers and check out
    the tweaks.... ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds