not sure if hardware or software

Discussion in 'Software' started by opal219, Mar 30, 2015.

1. opal219

opal219 Private First Class

I am using a hyundai tv as a monitor. It's probably 6 years old.
    Yesterday, when I turned it on some setting somewhere had changed. My system and browser windows, when at full size, are pushed beyond the screen frame on the left side.

I have used the tv function buttons to attempt to scoot it to the right and have gone as far as that function would allow, and yet I'm still missing some of my window on the left and the right is against the wall so to speak.

I tried playing with my screen resolution.. failed to fix the problem.

I also did a system restore to the day before this happened. Also unsuccessful.

Might anyone know if this is how tv/monitors start to die?

(drivers checked and up to date) I think the only software change was a windows defender update.

Is there software that will *squeeze* my system and browser windows?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  2. opal219

ok.. stand down.. it's fixed itself!
    I did nothing.. and all is well

I may never shut the system down again though

3. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Glad this is resolved.
    The issue may be in your video driver and not in the TV, or even a lose cable.

4. opal219

loose cable.. hadn't thought of that.. the cats wander back there sometimes..worth a check.. thanks

I did check to see if my vid driver is up to date.. it is

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds