Wireless router issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ntaglioli, Feb 20, 2006.

1. ntaglioli

ntaglioli Private E-2

Hello,
    I have a wireless network setup that needs to be reset(unplug the power supply...wait 5 seconds...plug it back in) constantly. I lose my internet connection about 2 times per hour and have to reset the router. This happens to me and my roomate all the time. I successfuly created a secure conneciton to access the router, however it hasn't helped. I have an HP pavillion ze4400, he uses a Mac powerbook, The router is a NETGEAR WGT624, internet access through a cable modem. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

ntaglioli

2. Geek-A-Hertz

Geek-A-Hertz Private E-2

Try restarting your Cable Modem by unpluging it for about 1 or 2 minutes. Then restart your router and see if that helps.

3. ntaglioli

ntaglioli Private E-2

Thanks for the reply. I reset the cable modem and I'm still experiencing the same issue. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
    -Ntaglioli

4. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

One other thing to look at it if there is a cordless phone Some 2.4 GHz models cause havoc with wireless.

5. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

Was curious and got sniffing around. Seems there are a lot of issues with that router. Also it seems there may be a fix here: http://tinyurl.com/ncyk8

There is no way for me to test it so use at your own risk.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds