internet disconnects at 100% CPU usage

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Recker, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Recker

Recker Private E-2

Ok, I have come up with a problem of my cable internet disconnecting every time I run a game, or something else that causes my CPU usage to hit 100%. This problem never happened up until about 1 month ago. It's probably simple to fix, but i've never had this problem so I don't know what to do. Please help!

Thanks,
    Recker

2. Recker

Recker Private E-2

Also, I don't know if it matters or not, but I'm running on a router..., but I have it a feeling it's some sort of setting other than the router.

3. Recker

Recker Private E-2

Well, I talked to my friend and he says that it is the router. But now when I disconnect my router and hook it straight up to the modem, it says limited or no connectivity. Meaning I have no internet. Please help me on how to make my internet work after disconnecting the router and hooking it straight up to the modem. I obviously do not know much about networking.

Thanks,
    Recker

4. 1up4kel

1up4kel Private E-2

Have you Check the event view while the Router is connected to see what Msg you get. Also it may lead you in the correct direction to resolve this issue.

5. Recker

Recker Private E-2

Got it, but it still does the same thing without the router. I get disconnected when playing a game, or if the computer stays at 100% CPU usage for more than 3-4 minutes. Something is wrong with the settings or something. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, let me know.

Thanks,
    Recker

6. Recker

Recker Private E-2

Alright guys, could it be possible that the computer is overheating? Could it be that the internet disconnects because the computer shuts down certain things so it can run like this... It's just a theory from me. Let me know what you guys think. I can't get rid of this problem. Even running Linux it did it, so it has to have something to do with the computer itself.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds