No Signal from monitor.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hsthompson, Jun 7, 2006.

1. hsthompson

hsthompson Private First Class

Just hooked my computer up after being in storage for 6 months. The monitor keeps giving the No Signal on its screen. Everything seems to be connected inside the tower so what could be wrong here?

2. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Private First Class

When you turn the computer do you hear it working? Do the drives spin up?

3. hsthompson

Yep. Everything fires right up. Just can't see whats going on because of the monitor.

4. sewy18

sewy18 Private First Class

could be the monitor itself or the video card

5. hsthompson

So is there a fix? Should the card be removed and put back in? How would i test the monitor?

6. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Storage for 6 months, temp/humidity/dust, dirt or even transporting to & from storage could cause problems

I would do several things, clean & dust inside & out
    Check all cables/connections
    Remove & re seat the memory & video card they may have came loose transporting from storage
    Also inspect for corrosion especially if storage area was damp
    Check your monitor cable for bent or missing pins, you can test your monitor by connecting to another know working PC

When you try to boot do you hear any beeping?

After all of the above if still no booty, (Ha Ha, Booty sounds dirty) reseat CMOS, do this by removing the MOBO battery for 10 min or so then reinstall the battery and try to boot into BIOS, if your then able to boot into bios set time/date etc. check all other settings then save & exit, complete boot

7. hsthompson

Removed video card and reinstalled. All is well. Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds