Sata Master HD/IDE Slave HD...possible?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wicked, May 10, 2007.

1. Wicked

Wicked Private E-2

In my new system I bought 200gb sata hard drive to use as Master and am wanting to bring my smaller 80 gb IDE hard drive from my old machine to use as storage plus it has stuff I really really need to extract. Is it possible to use the sata as master and the ide as slave and if so do i just set the jumper on the ide as slave and call it a day or do I have to go into bios and set it to boot from the sata after the dvd drive and call it a day?

any ideas?

thanks
    Wicked

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

You can fit IDE as slave, But before you do , go into bios and see the options for booting, and set your sata drive as first boot option, and after connecting IDE drive,on restart, go straight into bios, and check in bios that the sata is still the boot drive.
    It should show the IDE drive as slave,- Also,check that cdrom/dvddrw is master, on IDE drives.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds