can u hook ur computer's sound to your surround sound?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eox, Jun 14, 2005.

1. eox

eox Private First Class

hi, i have the yamaha surround sound, and was wondering how u could hook it up to the comp...if some-one knows please tell me.

2. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

hook it up to the AUX of the surround set.

3. eox

eox Private First Class

with what though?

4. eox

eox Private First Class

theres the yellow, white, red, colors, where do i stick the sound of my comp. into the surr. rec.?

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

You probably have RCA connectors on your receiver, but 1/8" jacks on your computer. So, you'll want to buy a stereo 1/8" jack to RCA Y-Cable. Or buy a better sound card that has digital out.

Some of the newer sound cards have either Coaxial or Fiber outputs. This way you can use all 6, 7, or 8 channels (5.1, 6.1, 7.1) sent to your receiver.

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

Yellow is usually video, red and white is your left/right channels.

What model is your yamaha receiver?

7. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Eox will you please finish answering the other threads you have started,we want to know how your other problems have panned out and if we have helped,just let us know which peice of advice helped you and what your gonna do. :)

8. eox

eox Private First Class

o, alll my threads, u guys have helped, thank u..(sry i forget)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds