How make OE start automatically?

Discussion in 'Software' started by frybo30, Dec 12, 2003.

1. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

I've had my fling with IncrediMail and am ready to go back to OE6. One thing I really liked about IncrediMail is the way it would start whenever I went online (I'm on dial-up). Then, while I was doing something else, IncrediMail was checking for messages and letting me know if any had come since I was online last time. I can't find how to make OE do the same. After I've gone online, I always have to call up OE before it will check for messages. Is there a way to make it activate itself whenever I go online?

2. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

Create a shortcut to OE and place it in your startup folder. It'll start up the program whenever you turn your machine on, and then set it to check for email every so often. You can find that setting in Tools ->Options -> Read. Setting the time where you can have it automatically download email is the first option on that dialog :D

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

But, he is on dial up, so that would force him to connect. This would work, if every time you start your PC, you want to connect to the internet. Otherwise, I am unaware of a way for Outlook to automatically load once you do connect.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds