Acer Aspire 6530 Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BlaqRabbit, Jun 1, 2010.

1. BlaqRabbit

BlaqRabbit Private E-2

So my family decided to completely infect my laptop so I decided to do a reformat. I decided I was done with Vista, and sense they didnt include a vista disk with my laptop, and that I was going to "downgrade" to XP SP3.

So I reformatted it and now things are going downhill. I can access my webcam, I install the drivers and at first it recognizes it as "Acer Crystal Eye Webcam" then it immedietly re-recognizes it as "USB Camera" and refuses to work and the screen is blank.

Second problem is that I have two hard drives, but only one is being picked up. I had to switch the hard drives in the bios to IDE to reformat it, but it was set as ADHI. Is this the reason the 2nd hard drive isnt visible and able to be used? Please help, I am having alot of trouble.

I would just DL a copy of Vista Home Premium but I dont want someone stealing my key with malware.

2. BlaqRabbit

BlaqRabbit Private E-2

{Bump for Help, Please}

3. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

1. If you contact the manufacturer they may be able to provide a disk for you.

2. AHCI mode (which you called ADHI) is used to enable all the SATA features for a SATA hard drive. You need to slipstream the drivers into an XP boot disk to do this. Here is a guide if you want to do it as it will increase hard drive performance a lot: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/How-To--Slipstream-your-XP-installation

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Have you tried pressing ALT+F10 as you start up, as the logo appears- this should let you recover to factory (choose from list), to the original Vista setup with all original software-
    It might run smoother with Vista, as sometimes drivers are hard to get for XP ,if it came installed with Vista

5. BlaqRabbit

BlaqRabbit Private E-2

Alt+F10/Alt (GR)+F10 did not work... sadly. Im not sure if the factory reset was hidden in the partition but it doesnt work. :cry

6. scajjr

scajjr Sergeant

Yes usually the restore partition is on the main boot hard drive. Most newer laptops don't come with discs anymore. You are usually prompted to make them when you first get the laptop. If you didn't make them then as collins suggested contact the laptop maker to see about getting a disc. Though you may have to pay for it.

Sam

7. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

When trying to access the hidden partition, it can be easy to miss, as you need to press those buttons as soon as you press the start button to start-up your laptop- it is better to do it from cold start, not restart, too. It will often miss the cue, and skip past it, so quick fingers needed.
    If you cannot get a disc from the manufacturer, nor, have any success, with the recovery partition. you could try partedit32, or, Partition wizard home edition:guitar

http://majorgeeks.com/Partition_Wizard_Home_Edition_d6175.html
    But you should read up the instructions ,several times, as it is not easy to use for a new geek. I don't advise you to just use it, and pray, as it can get you to a difficult situation with the hard disk, if you get it wrong-:eek
    pwe can undue the partition changes, to before the format, and you could recover that corrupted Vista partition, but you must leave other partitions alone, only seek to change the larger operating system partition, when given the choice,and usually, once back into the corrupted Vista, if you look into the program list, depending on the manufacturer, there is a program to get you into the recovery , via a couple of clicks.:celebrate
    Otherwise, you could try to get back to that old position of the corrupted Vista, and if you was to ask in the vrus /malware section, I know Tim is especially great at helping get rid of malware.:guns

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds