Urgent: Geeks i need your help...view source

Discussion in 'Software' started by unclematty, Apr 15, 2004.

1. unclematty

unclematty Private First Class

Why cant i view source anymore? problem is, I need to cut and paste from my own site but cant. the site is a nasty tangle of includes and it could really help me out if i could view the source.

i dont recall putting any tags in there that would stop users from viewing the source, and it seems to me that i cant view the source of any sites.

Any help.

2. Genius Boy

Genius Boy The Examinator

I imagine that you would have done so already if it's possible, but I've got to ask. Have you tried to FTP in?

Another suggestion would be to download another browser like Opera or Firefox and try to view the source from one of those browsers.

3. unclematty

The other browser is a great idea. I wish i could take credit for it. But hey, your Genius Boy.

The reasone FTP wont work is because the page I need is a bucnch of nested includes and I need the HTML of the entire page. ASP gives the HTML that I need to the browser and I would be so easy to cut and paste it. The other option is to go in to each include and cut and paste to the main asp file that calls of them. Not to mention, most includes themselves call more includes.

Nasty Mess, but great suggestion about the other browsers.

4. unclematty

Robo, I have no clue why i cant view source. I cant on any page, including here at MG. I can download the page and open it that way but again, it is filled with includes. In order to get all the HTML that I am looking for I would have to peice together the content on all of the includes.

Not that bad until you realize that even the includes have nested includes, so piecing togther the code could be rediculously tedious. Get it?

I downloaded Opera and that worked.

5. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

Wellsir, if Opera lets you view source and your other browser won't let you, then your other browser is broken, and a repair/re-install/update/fix is called for. Sounds as though you have at least one browser file that's broken.

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

It usually happens because of one of the following:

A. The Temporary Internet Files need to be cleared
    B. There is corruption in the user account. Try a new one.
    C. There is a policy disabling it.

7. unclematty

You guys know why i would get this error when trying to view a local page in Opera...

'The server requested a login authentication method that is not supported.'
    ???

Thanks again

8. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

The server youre running on... do you have to log into it when you go to the website? I know I do that with testing websites (restrict it in IIS). Perhaps its using a windows method that Opera doesn't support. Do you know the person thats admining the site? Can you get them to change their auth method?

9. unclematty

its my local machine. i just dont know how to change it so it doesnt require authentication.

when i hit the site with IE, it doesnt ask for anything but i assume it does something behind the scenes.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds