Windows 10 Upgrade Wireless Connection Issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by pchieco1964, Aug 19, 2015.

1. pchieco1964

pchieco1964 Private E-2

Hello, I have an ASUS Q400A laptop with an internal Intel Centrino N2230 wireless adaptor. I just upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 and ever since I upgraded I have been having continual problems with staying connected to the internet via wireless through my router. We have one other desktop and two other laptops that were upgraded with no issues. I have updated the wireless adaptor drivers with no change. I was going to try and reset my machine or go back to windows 8 as I have a month to switch back. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Go to DeviceManager--> Network Adapters--> Right click on the wireless driver/adapter and select update. If that fails and you have the latest driver, right click, remove and reboot.

Otherwise, did you have any VPN software installed? I'm reading this as a possible issue.

3. pchieco1964

pchieco1964 Private E-2

Hello I did try removing the driver and restarting but it went back to intermittent wireless access. Any other thoughts?

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Roll back to 8.1 and try 10 in a few months when there might be a better wireless driver.

5. pchieco1964

pchieco1964 Private E-2

Yes. That is exactly what I did and everything is back to normal. Actually I had to do the same on two of my other laptops. Frustrating. Guess I will wait several months until 10 has the bugs worked out. Thank you all for your help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds