If Malwarebytes makes a Restore Point, how is it accessed?

Discussion in 'Software' started by loninappleton, Aug 20, 2015.

1. loninappleton

loninappleton Corporal

I have no idea how to communicate with Malwarebytes on this. The program makes a Restore Point as does Junkware Removal Tool f I'm not mistaken.

But in Win7 I have had Restore Point location problems that the Win7 people
    are as stumped by as I am. When I go into the screens for making or retrieving a Restore in Win7 there's an error description but the key thing is the box that shows the C: drive and that shows it cannot be found. The box just says "Searching" and does not complete. From that the other errors follow.

This must be unique to the Restore routine because my C: displays normally
    both on system and as part of a home network (Work Group, not Home Group-- The network shares with an Xp machine.)

So how does Malwarebytes use the Restore Point it makes?

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

If your W7 was so perfect, you wouldn't have needed to be running those anti-malware tools - perhaps the reason System Restore is bugged is down to the malware?

Download and run Delfix, http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/delfix.html

Ensure that the following boxes are checked:

Create registry backup
    Purge system restore

That will clear out the old infected SR points and create a fresh one, post the log once done.

3. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

FYI Malwarebytes cannot access Restore Points. Software like Revo Uninstaller Pro also create Restore Points. You can only use them from within Windows.

4. loninappleton

loninappleton Corporal

Ok. I have backup though not created lately.

What I see in my attempts to roll over to Win7 (had been using XP til recently but am making the move for certain x64 - oriented programs) is that I have no idea during setup where it may have asked to make a restore point to initiate.

Is there a repair sequence for this? (Win7 running it's auto repair was no help-- in fact I have seen little in Win7 repair that _doesn't_ say "Windows cannot repair the disk.") Or failing that is there an option during setup I missed?

Remember: The Restore dialog tells me no C: drive is found but it runs fine elsewhere in cmd or home networking.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds