Mobility Radeon x1400 driver issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by cmj2k2, Mar 5, 2008.

1. cmj2k2

cmj2k2 Private E-2

I'm having the exact same problem this guy is... I'm trying to update to the latest catalyst drivers, i have 6.14. (old)

"Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware setup or operating system."

I'm 358% sure I have the right one downloaded... I have a mobility radeon x1600, windows xp pro.....But it gives me that message above.

I'm never buying a pc that has anything made by ATI in it again... because thats just ridiculous.

2. cmj2k2

cmj2k2 Private E-2

Re: Mobility Radeon X1400 Driver update

Oh by the way. I have been browsing the internet for a while now, and have realized the scope of this problem.

a LOT of people seem to have it... yet no one has figured it out. The only way anyone has fixed it is by reinstalling windows. (Way to be on top of things ATI... rolleyes )

I am using a monitor, because the backlight on my laptop screen is out. Could that make any difference?

and before anyone says any of the following things.. here is what I have tried, and had no luck with

Tried catalyst mobility 8.3
    Tried catalyst 8.3
    Tried the driver package from the Asus site ( my brand of laptop)
    Tried uninstalling the driver, and reinstalling.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds