Laptop on the Network.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DataMapping, Jan 3, 2007.

1. DataMapping

DataMapping Private E-2

So I have a network with a Comcast Business wireless router and a linksys router that I have set up as a hub. On the network hardwired in are 2 machines running XP, a machine running ME (don't ask why i still have ME it's a glitch that works to my advantage), and a network laser printer. Then Wirelessly I have a machine running XP on a different workgroup, that I am unconcerned with, and a machine running 2000 pro, as well as my laptop which runs XP. All the networking seems to work acceptably except for my laptop, When the laptop is connected I can see it on the network from the main machine but I can't access it and when I try to access the workgroup from the laptop it gives me the error you may not have authorization to access this network resource. It really is driving me crazy, as I can share files with the 2000 machine that is connecting wirelessly. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, since I am also now connecting via a VPN on my laptop. Also I am able to access the internet through the network no problem.

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

do an ipconfig on each machine and post the results.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds