Best ATI 9800 Drivers?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Den, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Den

Den Private First Class

Your opinion please. = Just bought an Ati 9800 pro. I don't want to install drivers that came on the disk then go get new drivers right away. So which drivers seem to be the best for this card so I can download before installation. Thanks
    Den

System =
    MSI 845pe Max2 fir
    2.53 Intel proc.
    2 sticks 256 pc3200 corsair ram
    Win XP Pro

Ignore this post. I probably need to install everything from the disk and get it running stable before changing drivers anyway.
    Den

Last edited: Nov 29, 2003
  2. Cashy

Cashy Private First Class

You don't need to install the drivers off the CD. Just download the CAT 3.9 driver and run it, then reboot and all will be well with the Universe once more.

3. Den

Den Private First Class

Thanks robo and Cashy. I am setting up dsl in a couple of days so I decided to just use the cd and make sure everything is stable before doing the dsl and the 3.10s are expected in a couple of days So I may as well wait. It is steady as a rock no problems at all.
    Den

4. StratCat

StratCat Private E-2

www.omegacorner.com

Modded ATI drivers

5. flip

flip Private First Class

6. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

I have read in several places that 3.10's are due out next week......

and if they put it on the web, it must be true!;)

7. Den

Den Private First Class

Well this is next week and no 3.10s yet. My 9800 pro is stable with the drivers that came on the cd which are ancient. But I did get my dsl up and running ok so that's out of the way. Now i'm just waiting for the 3.10s. Internet says soon so I'll just have to wait because I'm sure that the day affter I install the 3.9s the 3.10 will be out.
    Den

8. Dogin

Dogin Private E-2

The 3.10's will be out today!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds