tv out nvidia mx440 question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by qx_nerdtronic, Jun 8, 2004.

1. qx_nerdtronic

qx_nerdtronic Private E-2

I have an oem nvidia mx 440 it came with my hp. I need to know how to enable the tv out for the card. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

What kinda of a connector is it?
    To enable it, you go to Display Properties, then to Settings, Advanced, go to the driver config (the tab with card name on it), then to nView properties, and you can enable it in there. Select DualView if you want to make it part of the windows desktop, Cloneview if you just want it to have the same thing as the monitor. You can also set "Fullscreen Vidoe device" in another secton which is kinda cool as you can get it to show videos being played in fullscreen on the TV :D

It takes some fidding with however to get a decent picture. Make sure the TV is on and you select the correct encoding (NTSC for the US, PAL for anywhere in europe

3. qx_nerdtronic

thank you for the advice ...i think im starting to get on the right track, but still nothing showing on my tv, just a blank screen with a little humming noise coming out of the tv. .. wierd... Anyway the connecter is just a rca (the red,white,yellow plug) going out of the tv out connecter (on the video card) to the tv. thanks

4. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

What mode did you put it in (as in Dualview, cloneview..)? And what encoding are you using, if youre in the US it will need to be NTSC. (this is in device settings button, display format).

And check display resoultion in the same sub menu thing, make sure its 800x600 and see if it works. And check the refresh rate.

5. qx_nerdtronic

oddly enough i got it working....thanks, its now on the tv, and now im going to try playing halo for multi player on the tv hahha thanks goldfish for your help later

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds