every time i install z.a. free firewall...

Discussion in 'Software' started by slipknot81, Jun 8, 2006.

1. slipknot81

slipknot81 Private E-2

my cd burner stops working every time i install zone alarme free (fire wall)
    this is weird because the have nothing to do with each other as far as i know i've rolled my computer back and the burner works fine i reinstall za and it stops working agin .... can some explain why this is ? what i can do cause i love to burn music and i would really like a fire wall thanks for your time

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Conflict with Nero most likely.

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Unlikely, that makes no sense, maybe a conflict with another firewall or anti-virus. Make sure Windows firewall is turned off. See that Neros auto check for updates is off. Beyond that, its a weird one, no idea.

4. slipknot81

slipknot81 Private E-2

i dont know nero is, could you please explain. thank you for your time

5. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Nero is a popular DVD/CD player/burner program and has some conflict issues.

MA were are your manners boy, you failed to welcome our new arrival, WELCOME SLIPKNOT81 TO MAJOR GEEKS

Does a ZA window pop up when you go to use your CD Burner, and what program are you using to Burn your CD's, also your Operating System, and is it currently updated with the latest SP's

6. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

WELCOME TO MG
    if ZA is installed try to uninstall it first
    then try to uninstall first your NERO (if it is installed)
    then install first ZA
    then install NERO.
    Let us know what happen

7. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

As no one has asked, and you don't know what Nero is, what CD burning program is it that you use?:)

8. slipknot81

slipknot81 Private E-2

i'm use windows media player to burn music my opp sys. is windows xp ... and no nothing pops up when i try to burn but i got this weird warning once that the cd was unuseabule but i pulled it from the middle of the stack(this is while z.a. is installed) i had to roll back my computer a day and remove z.a. to get it to work i'm so stumped .... this kinda makes me upset because i'm lurning so much from sights like this and i'm really into it (my wife thinks i'm crazy) but any way back to that same cd that was "unuseabule" after the roll back and uninstall it worked fine.....:confused: :eek: :mad: lol do you think i should try useing a diffrent burning program? and thaks for the welcome everone oh and the computer is like 3 years old but we just upgraded the ram got a new grafx card and a second 400 gig hard drive
    not to long ago (with in the last 6 mon.) and the type of computer is an e-machines i would love to up grade the burner to a dvd r but have no idea if it is possibule and i wana say i'm sorry for my spelling and lack of punctuation
    and if this is hard to read or fallow pleas let me know and i'll try to slow down and make it easer for you all thank you so so much for the input you guys are cool in my book

slipknot

long live the geek!

9. md2lgyk

md2lgyk I can't follow the rules

That's certainly the strangest conflict I've heard about in a while. I've had Nero and ZA free on my win 2K machine for years and never a problem.

10. nathan bull

nathan bull Private E-2

i am having this same exact problem.... i just posted about it a second ago...

11. nathan bull

nathan bull Private E-2

I uninstalled ZA and now my windows burning works fine

12. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Turn on Windows firewall.

13. slipknot81

slipknot81 Private E-2

don't it just drive you crazy? you wouldn't think that a firewall would disable you burning ability (for lack of better words) this has to be my weirdest problem with my pc yet not to sound mean but i'm glad i'm not alone :eek: at least i know that that is the problem but the hard part is to figure out WHY:confused: :confused: thanks for the feedback by the way nathan bull how old is you computer? just wondering cause my cd burner is a combat vet. of like 3 years or so mabe it's time to upgrsde to a dvd burner..... and on that not anyone still interested in this post is it hard to replace a cd rom drive? thanks agin

slipknot

14. nathan bull

nathan bull Private E-2

my cpu(notebook) is only 12 mnths old its a CDRW/DVD player, I've installed a few CD Drives and never found it difficult, but better to ask the experts first :)

15. slipknot81

slipknot81 Private E-2

ok i got an idea i'm going to try another fire wall and disable widows fire wall befor i install it and post what happens oh and i got another qustion... can rolling back your computer damage it? i mean system restore not that i really needed to tell you but i'm trying to provide as much info as i can i'll let you know what happens with Outpost firewall free i hope it will update as soon as i'm done

slipknot

16. slipknot81

slipknot81 Private E-2

IT WORKED I EVEN TURNED WINDOWS FIREWALL BACK ON AND I HADE NO PROBLEMS!!!!!!:D :D i'm not sure how good of a firewall outpost free is but it's a firewall anyway if you can recomend a better freeware firewall (other the z.a. of corse) that would be cool anyway if i have any more strange problems i'll let you know

slipknot

17. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds