RAM Booster

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gnee, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Gnee

Gnee Private E-2

i need to know which ram booster is best for windows me. im useing 320mb of ram and keep getting low resources all my msconfig is ok and i removed alot of programs and still i get very low resources :(

2. Gnee

Gnee Private E-2

yea 320mb

3. Gnee

Gnee Private E-2

Processor: AMD Duron(tm) Processor 751 MHz
    BIOS: Compaq 10/12/00
    Memeory: 320 MB (35% Utilized)
    Harddisk: 7.38 GB

Windows Milenium Edition 4.90 (Build 3000)
    DoS 8.0

Last edited: Jun 24, 2003
  4. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

i agree have used it on a server once.... worked reasonabley well.... kept me from hitting rock bottom! I would imagine it would run well on win me as it did on win2k...... but win2k uses the NT core so might run differently. Anyway this is all opinion so dont take it too seriously :p

5. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Yep. By all means run down to Fast DeFrag. It works really well.

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

well really in an ideal situation you shouldnt need programs like that at all. But if you dont have enough memory for your application (for example i was running IIS, CT and UT servers on a machine with 64MB of ram. I can tell you that was SLOW, dont ever try it :p) then you find you need somthing like that.

with fast you also get an indicator, so you can double click it any time the resources start to get low!

7. billH

billH Master Sergeant

"for example i was running IIS, CT and UT servers on a machine with 64MB of ram. I can tell you that was SLOW, dont ever try it :) "

Good grief Goldy! How did it even light up?

8. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Sergeant

With WinME and all previous windows, there is a resource limitation of 64 kB for GDI. Yes, only 64 kilobytes. Every internet page, program, everything, uses a little piece of that resource. No matter how much RAM you have, that resource remains the same 64kB. If you are tired of running out of resources, get XP. It has no limitations. Or go back to Win98, it is nowhere near the resource hog that ME is.

9. Gnee

Gnee Private E-2

yes think i might just do that :)

10. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

I use Fast Defrag..... I run it just before I start a game so it can have the most available...

DO I need it? Probably not, Heck I have a Gig of RAM... but it does free up about 100Mb when I start games up.....

and the Price is right!

11. Gnee

Gnee Private E-2

i tryed it and it made my pc crash. :(

is tweak ME gold any good ?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2003
  12. Gnee

Gnee Private E-2

on fast defrag whats the diffrence with genuine AMF and geniuine SMF ?

and do i tick swap file ?

13. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

With gread difficulty. We had an ultra lite windows shell running it too, which basically handles virtually nothing appart from 2 shortcuts :D and odviously just about every service was disabled.
    Even then it only supported about 5 lan users (in total), bit pointless really, but i did it!

just running the CS server it can handle about 7 players.

14. Aurelius

Aurelius Private First Class

• As RAM booster/optimizer I recommend Cacheman.
    • To actually free RAM you can use MaxMem from AnalogX.

15. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds