Dangerous temp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by klva80, Oct 28, 2004.

1. klva80

klva80 Private E-2

LASt Night my hs fan went out and my 1.4 duron reached 90 °c before i shuted down and fix the fan.
    is there the posibilty my cpu sufered some damaged?

2. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

i would say do some benchmarks and compare them to previous scores, that is the only way i could think to see if it got damaged ... i had overclocked for a while and it did do some damage to my CPU as my scores were lower at stock than they were before, but i didn't really notice too much of a performance hit

3. klva80

klva80 Private E-2

thx for the advice im gona try what you said. i got scared since is the applebred core :( and i dont know much about this core any help would be usefull

4. 50cal

50cal Private First Class

it could have done some damage

90c is only a cpu cooking 194F

i would think it could have done damage

did the fan get something it and it stoped or did it slowly wear out

5. klva80

klva80 Private E-2

The fan died, it just stoped

6. 50cal

ok how long did it stay off or do you know 194-200F is a REAL headshot for a cpu but it may not have killed the cpu

i know a buddy of mine had this happen on a 1800 and it just killed the cpu in a heartbeat [wire got in the fan and stoped it and that was the end of that cpu but the temp was a about 190 also we were just standing there and the temp went up and pc started screaming [temp warning noise] the led sensor on the case said 190 and the cpu melted to the motherboard [but that was a 1800+ amd xp

i am sure if your still running the pc then it didnt kill it but if it did and you want to fix it then they sell those cpu's for about 60 -70 bucks

7. Matto.J

Matto.J Private E-2

http://www.clickonit.com/Processors/AMD_Duron_-_OEM/144086.php

It says there that the max temp for the 1.4 duron is 85 celcius, you've more than likely killed or have gotten close to completely killing your chip =)

The good news is, that your not going to spend much at all getting a replacement 1.4ghz duron ;)

8. klva80

klva80 Private E-2

it staid of like 5 minutes, and i power on again with the new big bad 120 mm fan and cooled down in 30 seconds down to 45c

9. 50cal

i would replace that CPU because its likely that its dieing or is dead i know it couldnt have helped it any on how long it will live

10. klva80

klva80 Private E-2

Thx Guys for all of your opinions, i am a hell of a luky guy my cpu didnt sufer any damage, i ran a burn in test hole night and didnt fail or restart the computer, and thx again

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds