Optical mouse 2.4 ghz universal driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by greybuffalo, Sep 1, 2015.

1. greybuffalo

greybuffalo Staff Sergeant

I bought a above trigen lovely mouse without a driver and cannot find the right driver for it?
    Is there a universal 2.4 ghz driver anyone could please suggest :confused

2. greybuffalo

I have a HP laptop running windows 7 and a Bluetooth dongle with a correct driver,but I need a driver for the mouse

3. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

If the mouse is 2.4GHz radio frequency mouse, it will have it's own receiver. Bluetooth is an entirely different protocol. There is no driver that will make the two compatible.

4. greybuffalo

gee..thanks,would you give me a clue please :confused
    My laptop is not new
    HOW DO I CONNECT THE TWO ?

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

There is no trigen brand as far as I can figure out.

The mouse should have come with a USB receiver. Plug it in, turn the mouse on and it just works.
    We currently have 5 wireless mice in the house. i did not need to install a driver for any of them. They are being used in different flavors of windows, in linux and with an OTG cable and USB hub on my android tablet.

6. greybuffalo

I am happy about your 5 mice :-D
    As I said mine did not come with a usb,possibly I am only dreaming that I have this Trigen mouse in front of me
    Actually why I am asking here,is,is this bluetooth ?,and a dongle should work....right?
    I have done this many times before.
    This time,it is doing my head in,so thats why i AM HERE,what am I missing :major

7. greybuffalo

Are you saying this mouse does not work with bluetooth? but another technology?
    Making this dongle useless?

8. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

You can only connect the mouse via Bluetooth if it supports Bluetooth wireless mode.
    I suggest you contact the supplier or read any documentation that came with the mouse.
    And like plodr, I cannot find any info about a trigen mouse.

9. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Good morning.

I am getting hits for Trigem / AVERATEC. Greybuffalo, can you supply any ID / serial numbers on the mouse, even a picture?

10. plodr

1. Give the exact model of the Trigem mouse.
    2. What is the brand and model of the bluetooth dongle?

The dongle is not useless. A bluetooth dongle can pair up with lots of bluetooth devices: speakers, keyboards, mice, etc.

At this point we are not sure if the mouse you have is bluetooth or wireless (rf - radio frequency).

Does the HP laptop have any USB 3 ports?

11. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Based on your original post, you have a 2.4 GHz mouse, which is not a Bluetooth device. It would have it's own special USB receiver. Your Bluetooth dongle is fine, the mouse is useless unless you have that special receiver.

12. greybuffalo

Thank you VERY much.
    That was the answer I was looking for,no wonder I cannot get the bluetooth dongle to connect with this mouse.
    Its been doing my head in for days,I just couldn't pair the two :-D

13. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

You're welcome.

Quick question: is this a Trigem and not a Trigen mouse?

14. plodr

I'll repeat what i said in post #5
    Didn't you get a receiver with this mouse? If not, return it because the USB receiver is specific to the mouse; there is no such "universal" USB mouse receiver.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds