May I suggest to MA and CP ...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigbazza, Jun 18, 2007.

1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

... that the MG/ Search box be shifted up, next to the MG stogie man.
    I think it would get a lot more use and maybe generate more members and more $$$ from Shareware sales, etc.

See attachments. Bazza

Attached Files:

2. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

I think while you're at it, you should pay me alot of money for making this place so damned entertaining. Commissions, god damnit. hehe

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I think its fine where its at.

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I find it easy enough, but I have introduced a few people here that had to ask how or where to search for apps. It might be easier to find for new members if it wasn't so far down the page.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Well, the big white spot in the page draws my eyes to it wherever its at.

A heck of a lot better than some pages where 90 percent of your time on the site is scanning for a search box :D

6. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

I like the suggestion, save me a scroll, and make it more accessible. At times I will put in the precise name of a certain program and get back three pages of results. At those times I use Google and put in the name of the program followed by MajorGeeks. Just my nickels worth.
    Bug

7. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Especially now that there are so many sweet games in the arcade. I am getting a sore clicker/scroller finger. LOL

8. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Reminds me of somthing Adranalyne said recently. <Never mind if you dodn't read the thread, lol!>

Yes, there is always that....:drool;)

9. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Just send me your homes, cars and bank acct numbers. So much easier!

10. BCGray

BCGray Guest

I tried, but the guys in "Brown" said you had a better house, more car's, and they wouldn't deliver 50 cents:cry...................Hey gang I beginning to think that Adrynalyne, has shares in "Ben-Gay":D

11. bigbazza

That's why I suggested putting it at the top. Real easy to find it then.;) Or at least shift it to above "Files", underneath the stogie man. Bazza

===

12. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

Our search right now sucks - the google one is a lot better.

13. bigbazza

As you are well aware, the Google / MG search options on the front page at www.majorgeeks.com gives both options for those using it. I use it often for quick research, but if it was placed higher it would negate the need to scroll for it.
    My $0.02, enuff said. :D Bazza

===

14. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

15. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Photo magic, my dear. ;)

16. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Or...and I don't think I like this one, but this is close to Bazza's request.

[​IMG]

17. bigbazza

I was thinking of the Search box on the RIGHT hand side of the stogie man, as my preference. Bazza

18. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Your wish is my command, Bazza. LOL
    @ MA and CP, just made these images for you guys to look at and discuss.

[​IMG]

19. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Cool icons - you must be a real genius musky :)

20. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Ummm, genius. Yes. I am. No, I'm a... a savant. No, I'm a..a ..a ..the world's smartest man...ever!!! Yeah, that's it. I'm the world's smartest guy. EVER!!!! :cool

roflmaoLOLroflmaoLOLroflmao
    Thanks for the ego boost you two. ;) Those are just apps I use alot so I don't have to hunt them down or have them on my desktop. I didn't realize Object Dock was in the screen shot till later. It is a good app for uncluttering your desk top. It can be set to appear and reappear when needed.

21. savedbythebell

savedbythebell Private E-2

how do i get the cute face with the beer mug?

22. bigbazza

:)Thanks, musksnipe, spot on examples for the guys to consider.

As for icons, shortcuts, etc., taking up desktop space, I use SlickRun instead, from
    http://www.bayden.com/SlickRun/ I've now got only 4 shortcuts on my desktop.

Allows you to have 100's of shortcuts, icons, (MagicWords in their vocab), all hidden, but available on typing 1 -3 letters usually, in a small box and <enter>.

X gets me Excel, myd goes to My Documents, pix finds C:\Documents and Settings\Barry\My Documents\My Pictures, etc. You get the idea.

My favourite program and essential, IMO. Partial screenshot attached. :) Bazza

===

Attached Files:

23. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Who are you asking and what are you talking about?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds