Laptop will connect to router but not to net

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Everard, May 26, 2008.

1. Everard

Everard Private E-2

I have several machines in my home that connect to the Internet through my wireless router. However, I have one machine, a six year old laptop, that clearly connects to the router but won't connect to the Internet. Both IE and Firefox work but give a Server not found whenever a URL is entered.

The time I was able to connect to the Internet I downloaded Stopzilla which seemed to get rid of all kinds of problems but now I can't access the web.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. ClubFight

ClubFight Private E-2

hey i have the exact same problem as u with the server not found on my old laptop. i dont have stopzilla though.
    the connection icon shows packets are being sent, but 0 received. is this the same for u?

3. Everard

Everard Private E-2

Exactly.It looks like it is working fine but won't actually connect to the Internet. It also looks like some of the Network Connections screens are missing information.

Thanks.

4. sandigatto

sandigatto Private E-2

I never had this problem until Mozilla was installed. Could it be possible that MS-IE has some software update that disables internet searches if IE and Mozilla-Foxfire are installed?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds